Author: VUPContributor

U.S. National Park FAQs

America’s national parks are an iconic part of the outdoor experience in the United States. Planning a visit to one or all of these incredible national parks can raise a lot of questions. Luckily, we have answers! Make the most of your national park visit with information and helpful tips regarding the most frequently-asked national park questions!

read more

10 Best Things To Do When Visiting a National Park

There are so many fun things to do in national parks that planning your trip can quickly become overwhelming. While many travelers choose to simply drive in for the day and take some pictures, we recommend exploring each national park on a deeper level. Learn about the geologic or natural history of the area or experience unique outdoor activities. To be qualified as a national park by the National Park Service, only 3% of the entire park area can be used for infrastructure, such as highways, trails, campsites, visitor centers, and lodges, while the other 97% is protected land. With all that space, there are hundreds of unique things to do in national parks, but this list of absolute can’t-miss things is a good place to start.

read more

Best Places to Visit in Maine: America’s Most Northeastern State

Welcome to Maine! The most Northeastern state of the United States is defined by jagged coastline, rolling mountains, heavily forested interior, and picturesque waterways. It is also recognized by its seafood cuisine, especially lobster and clams. Do you like the sound of amazing food, great scenery and a chance to visit one of the most expansive wilderness areas on the East Coast? Then buckle up, because this itinerary is full of some of the best places to visit in Maine!

read more

The 6 Best National Park Scenic Drives

Scenic drives offer great opportunities to see the national parks from the comfort of your car. They’re a fantastic alternative for those with limited mobility or kids. Others may just need a break from all that walking! Be aware that many roads close during the winter months, and to always check for potential closures before your trip. Here are six of our favorite national park scenic drives from across the nation.

read more

Hidden Gems & Road Trip Tips

Sign up for our newsletter and get exclusive road trip ideas and travel tips to help you plan your next American adventure!

Find out the location of the hidden gem pictured below in our next newsletter!


Thank you for signing up for the "Best Kept Road Trip Secrets" newsletter coming to your inbox soon!

Pin It on Pinterest