1. Acceptance of Terms. Welcome to this website (“website”) which is published by Visit USA Parks (VUP), a subdivision of HMS Global. Use of this website is voluntary. By using this website, you consent to the collection and use of your personally identifiable information (“PII”) and non-personal information as described in this Online Privacy Statement. This Online Privacy Statement only governs the use and disclosure of information collected through this website.
2. Non-Personal Information VUP Collects From You. VUP automatically collects information about your Internet connection, including but not limited to:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address and name of the Internet domain you used to access the Internet;
- The IP address of the website from which you linked directly to the VUP website;
- The date and time you accessed the Visit USA Parks website;
- The pages you visited; and
- The web browser and operating system you used to access the VUP website.
This information (“non-personal information”) does not identify you personally. VUP uses this non-personal information to monitor the effectiveness of this website and to consider potential improvements to this website.
3.Personally Identifiable Information VUP Might Collect From You. VUP may request that you voluntarily provide certain personally identifiable information (“PII”) to download information, join VUP mailing lists and engage in online visitor surveys. VUP does not collect any PII about you when you visit this website unless you give VUP that information. You may choose not to provide PII via this website. As VUP determines is appropriate, Visit USA Parks will maintain or destroy PII you voluntarily provide.
4. Use of Your Personally Identifiable Information. Unless there are restrictions on use of your PII or unless VUP tells you otherwise, VUP (or third parties engaged by VUP) may use your PII to:
- Administer your participation in this website;
- Communicate information VUP thinks may be of interest to you;
- Fulfill your requests for services or materials;
- Contact you;
- Conduct research or surveys;
- Respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; and
- Establish or exercise VUP’s legal rights or defend against legal claims.
5. Sharing Your Information. Through display, VUP may disclose your PII to other authorized users of this website. VUP may use third party service providers and suppliers to facilitate this website and the services VUP provides, and they may have access to PII. Authorized users are VUP employees or third parties who have been granted access and have a need to know the information collected in order to fulfill VUP’s mission. VUP may disclose PII to other affiliated institutions and/or if VUP is required to do so by law. As VUP determines it is appropriate to do so, VUP will disclose PII requested pursuant to this law.
The help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, but this may limit your ability to use some features of this website.
7. Linked Sites. VUP may provide links on this website to other sites of interest. Your use of such linked websites is subject to the privacy statements of the providers of those websites. VUP encourages you to be aware when you leave this website and to read the privacy statements of each website you visit.
8. Security Measures. VUP works hard to protect the security of the information that you provide to VUPn. While VUP strives to protect your information through measures that protect VUP systems, such security cannot be guaranteed. Consequently, VUP does not insure or warrant the security of information you transmit, and you do so at your own risk.
9. Reviewing Information. You may contact us via one of the contact methods described in the Website Terms and Conditions of Use if you wish to discuss any issues regarding your PII.
10. Changes. VUP may change this Online Privacy Statement from time to time. If VUP does make a change, VUP will post the revised Online Privacy Statement on this website. VUP encourages you to review this Online Privacy Statement periodically.
Questions, comments or complaints about the VUP Online Privacy Statement should be submitted to VUP via the methods described in the Website Terms and Conditions of Use.
December 1, 2015